Thursday, February 18, 2010

New year, new developments.

HELLO HANDSOME

It's 2010, well, two months in, but i'm sure I can be forgiven for that. Good ol' February, the usual time where people start forgetting about their resolutions, but no, not me! I've been so buried under a rock of work for the last few months, I haven't even had time to think about resolutions, which means none really started, so none broken. Well, that's my official excuse anyway.

I've been very busy lately though, taking photos, making new design-y things, watching movies, applying for jobs and even saving time to still socialize. What would I be without the people in my life violently vomiting compliments at me (excuse the grotesque metaphor, I've been on-again-off-again sick for two weeks now, so it resonates very soundly with me at the moment).

HELLO GORGEOUS

All very well, but why the huge "LOOK AT ME" banner type thing at the beginning of the post and above this paragraph? Well it was just a quick job I did last night. I had fun making it, and it was a nice breather from a very extensive personal project I'm working on at the moment.

Getting back into design, who would have thunk it eh? I'm actually really enjoying it. Schools / Colleges / Uni's should encourage their learners to do more personal work and stop overloading them with dull rubbish. To get back onto point though, I'm working on a few projects at the moment, one of them is the ritual of the morning cuppa Joe. Which in part sparked the Hello Handsome and Hello Gorgeous wallpapers; you see, for valentines day I bought myself and my fiance coffee cups. Not just any sort of coffee cup but ones that say "Morning Gorgeous" and the other that says "Morning Handsome" They are a lot of fun. Specially when people see us with them and call us "Laaaaaamme" which, honestly, we are, in the best way possible. Lame for each other? Something like that.

Here is a little sneak of what the cups look like
coffee ritual
You can't really see them in all their glory but you can see how lovingly biased my cup is, as it's just a einy weiny bit bigger than my fiances. Aaah, proof that size really does matter.

Other projects I'm working on at the moment: -

* Blood Splatter / Crime Scene (very Dexter inspired, even though I started before I even watched any Dexter)
* Decay
* Life / Everday Life
* RAMfest (even though this is not a project per se, I'm very much looking forward to covering RAMfest.It's going to be a lot of fun specially now that we are going as a larger crowd!)
* I'm also trying to take a step back from my abstract comfort zone and get into shooting people (with my camera!) so I have two possible models interested.

Okay, well I have to shoot off, sorry about the rushed feeling to this, I'm late already! Late, late for a very important date!

2 comments:

MrBriBri said...

Wow you have been very busy!

c.harper said...

And that's only the half of it. Boo hoo.